One of the wonderful things about the venue we're going to be in, the Mighty Tieton Warehouse Gallery, is that they're going to print a catalog of the exhibit. So, as soon as I know the juror selections, I needed to get the photos of accepted pieces to their printer, which meant I had to download 114 photos (a full and detail shot of each piece) from the place where the artists had submitted them. However, I soon found out that not every artist had sent high-resolution photos. This meant I had to contact those artists who had sent low-res photos and help them get high resolution ones to me. I even ended up taking photos for one artist!
Oh, did I forget to mention that my two-year long program at the Gail Harker Center for the Creative Arts starts this month too? I will be going up to La Conner from May 14-19 for my first class. We'll be meeting approximately every three months and have a good deal of homework in between each session. However, as you can see from the photos here, Gail's student's create some amazing fiber artwork!
OK, let's get going with Design Wall Weekend:
What kind of blogs should link up?
- Quilting and fabrics
- Fiber art of any kind
- Hand & machine stitch or embroidery
- Mixed media art
- Book-making, art journals, and sketchbooks
- Tutorials for any quilting, fiber, mixed media, sketchbook and other arts
- These can be works in progress or finishes
|Anna's hummingbird from my sketchbook - Acryllic paint, watercolor pencil, silver ink|
Rules for the blog linking party
- Mention Fiber Artist Journey in your post, either with a link or button-use the direct link to the specific post - not just your main blog website (this helps with your search engine position.) If you have buttons on your sidebar that works great, please just at least mention something in your post, for example "I'm linking to Fiber Artist Journey, see my sidebar for their button." If you need help on how to add your link, read this.
- Please take the time to visit other links, everyone loves new visitors and comments! Try to comment on at least two other blogs in the party.
Other Great Blogs to Link Up with and Check Out!
Nina Marie Sayre's Art Quilt Blog
Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Richard and Tanya Quilts
Sew Many Ways