|From my art journal - Page painted with acrylics, Magazine photo, drawing with colored pencil|
|Torn paper collage|
|Torn paper collage|
After that, the jurors go through and make decisions about each of the pieces with has anything other than a unanimous decision. We also have jury helpers to handle other jobs during the process... secretary to take notes on the juror's comments to share with the artists; assistant to navigate through the slides; and a person who tallies the linear inches of width of each accepted piece to ensure that we don't exceed what the gallery can hold.
So, after getting the show decided upon (and my Salsa quilt was accepted!), I've had lots of work to prepare for the show. I had to get notifications of acceptance and of regret out to each of the artists. I had to get photos to the venue for printing in a catalog. I had to get new photos from a few of the artists when I found they hadn't sent high resolution photos. I had to get things sent out to our publicity chairperson. Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.
|Watercolor pencil and collage from a theater show "Teatro ZinZanni"|
|Pencil drawing of my dog, Dexter from this week|
Now on to some fun with Design Wall Weekend!
What kind of blogs should link up?
I think that it's best to have content that matches the content and interests served with the blog that's hosting the party, so please only link up if your blog post is about any of the following:
- Quilting and fabrics
- Fiber art of any kind
- Hand & machine stitch or embroidery
- Mixed media art
- Book-making, art journals, and sketchbooks
- Tutorials for any quilting, fiber, mixed media, sketchbook and other arts
- These can be works in progress or finishes
Rules for the blog linking party
- Mention Fiber Artist Journey in your post, either with a link or button-use the direct link to the specific post - not just your main blog website (this helps with your search engine position.) If you have buttons on your sidebar that works great, please just at least mention something in your post, for example "I'm linking to Fiber Artist Journey, see my sidebar for their button." If you need help on how to add your link, read this.
- Please take the time to visit other links, everyone loves new visitors and comments! Try to comment on at least two other blogs in the party.
|And the Winner Is...||A Slice of Lime||Peppers and Avocado|
Other Great Blogs to Link Up with and Check Out!
The FreeMotion Quilting Project
Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Nina Marie Sayre's Art Quilt Blog
Balzar Designs - Art Journal Every Day