|Little Stitch book by Christina Fairley Erickson|
Hand-dyed wool/acrylic felt, hand stitched with hand-dyed and
commercial pearl cotton, embroidery floss and yarn
I'm still a little unhappy with my binding, but I think it may just require more practice to get it right. Since this was my first time to actually complete a hand-made book, I'm pretty happy with it.
|Binding of my book|
|Stitch sampler on cover- Running Stitch, Back Stitch,|
French Knots, Seed Stitch, and Fly Stitch
|Running or Straight Stitch Sampler|
|Back Stitch Sampler|
|Seed Stitch Sampler|
|French Knot Sampler|
|Fly Stitch Sampler|
What kind of blogs should link up?
I think that it's best to have content that matches the content and interests served with the blog that's hosting the party, so please only link up if your blog post is about any of the following:
- Quilting and fabrics
- Fiber art of any kind
- Hand & machine stitch or embroidery
- Mixed media art
- Book-making, art journals, and sketchbooks
- Tutorials for any quilting, fiber, mixed media, sketchbook and other arts
- These can be works in progress or finishes
Rules for the blog linking party
- Mention Fiber Artist Journey in your post, either with a link or button-use the direct link to the specific post - not just your main blog website (this helps with your search engine position.) If you have buttons on your sidebar that works great, please just at least mention something in your post, for example "I'm linking to Fiber Artist Journey, see my sidebar for their button." An example of a link to a specific post would be: http://fiberartistjourney.blogspot.com/2013/04/red-hot-chili-peppers.html rather than http://fiberartistjourney.blogspot.com . If you need help on how to add your link, read this.
- If you follow my blog, I'll follow yours! PLEASE make sure to comment and tell me you're following, and I'll visit and follow yours too.)
- Please take the time to visit other links, everyone loves new visitors and comments! Try to comment on at least two other blogs in the party.
|Dyeing to Embroider;||Five Days in Stitch Heaven||Hand Stitch Variations|
Other Great Blogs to Link Up with and Check Out!
The FreeMotion Quilting Project
Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Nina Marie Sayre's Art Quilt Blog
What a Hoot Quilts