|Salsa quilt with "Here Comes the Sun"|
freemotion quilting design
|Closeup of the sashing fabric|
which inspired the design
|Layout of my quilt-top for a free-motion quilting sampler|
that I currently have on my design wall
I've also finally got started on piecing my quilt top together that I'll be using for a freemotion quilting sampler. I'm enrolled in Leah Day's Craftsy class "Freemotion Fillers Volume 1" which teaches 50 different freemotion quilting designs (49 blocks each with their own design and 1 design throughout the sashing and border.) I'm thinking, however, of substituting some of the designs that Leah teaches in the class with some of my own, such as my True Triangles design. Make sure to check out the True Triangles Video Tutorial here!
So, what do you have on your design wall? By the way, if you don't yet have your own design wall, click here for a great tutorial on how to make one for yourself from Quilts by Jen. I'm looking forward to seeing all sorts of inspiring blogs for our blog party link up!
What kind of blogs should link up?
I think that it's best to have content that matches the content and interests served with the blog that's hosting the party, so please only link up if your blog post is about any of the following:
- Quilting and fabrics
- Fiber art of any kind
- Hand & machine stitch or embroidery
- Mixed media art
- Book-making, art journals, and sketchbooks
- Tutorials for any quilting, fiber, mixed media, sketchbook and other arts
- These can be works in progress or finishes
Rules for the blog linking party
- Mention Fiber Artist Journey in your post, either with a link or button-use the direct link to the specific post - not just your main blog website (this helps with your search engine position.) If you have buttons on your sidebar that works great, please just at least mention something in your post, for example "I'm linking to Fiber Artist Journey, see my sidebar for their button." An example of a link to a specific post would be: http://fiberartistjourney.blogspot.com/2013/04/red-hot-chili-peppers.html rather than http://fiberartistjourney.blogspot.com . If you need help on how to add your link, read this.
- If you follow my blog, I'll follow yours! PLEASE make sure to comment and tell me you're following, and I'll visit and follow yours too.)
- Please take the time to visit other links, everyone loves new visitors and comments! Try to comment on at least two other blogs in the party.
You Might Also Be Interested in:
|Tutorial- Sashing |
|True Triangles |
|Fireworks Freemotion Quilting Design|
Check Out These Other Great Blogs!
Nina Marie Sayre Art Quilts
Leah Day's Freemotion Quilting Project
Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Richard and Tanya Quilts