Pages

Monday, December 24, 2012

Snowflake Lane & How to Make a Knotted Blanket Stitch

Christina  in Winter White Cape
at Snowflake Lane
Randy and I finished up our shopping at Bellevue Square where they have "Snowflake Lane" each night during the holidays. He's now entertaining us playing an assortment of Christmas music, Broadway show tunes, and pieces from the 20's to the 50's. I'm at a distinct disadvantage with "Name That Tune" for that era, since I wasn't even born yet, but my Mom is having a great time!
Snowflake Lane

Knotted Blanket Stitch
Since I always like to keep my hands busy, I'm working on an edging stitch for one of my embroidery samplers. I decided to do a Knotted Blanket Stitch, which I'll show  how to do here:



Step 1- Make a loop
Step 2 - Needle through loop and
above the lower thread from last stitch



Step 3- Pull loop tight around needle
Step 4 - Pull thread through, making
sure that loop stays tight to form knot

You might also be interested in:
Stitchwork Samplers
More Embroidery Samples



Merry Christmas from our family to yours and wishing us all Peace on Earth.

Christina




2 comments: