Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Photoshop Fun

WA State Convention Center
I'm spending the day at a Photoshop for Photographers workshop, held in a giant ballroom at the Washington State Convention Center in downtown Seattle. I've been coming to these specialized training a in Adobe Photoshop for about 12 years now... Generally one happens each per year in Seattle. Some are geared for photographers, as this one is, while others for designers in either print or digital media. As my professional background has been in website design and development, I've been a member of NAPP (National Association of Photoshop Professionals) and always love to learn a few more tricks in this amazing program.
At the Photoshop CS6 for Photographers Class
(about 400 in attendance)

I love taking photos... whether on a trip or around my home. I see beauty in many minute details. Years ago, I was an avid scuba diver, and my favorite things to see were some of the very small and delicate creatures. I'd dive with macho guys who were always searching for big 4 foot long ling cods or 3 foot across sun stars (Pycnopodia helianthoide) while I was content to watch a delicately feathered iridescent nudibranch.

I love taking series of photos on particular topics. For instance, I have many remarkable doors, mainly from Europe, as a collection. I'm excited by trees, particularly their bark, and must have hundreds, if not thousands, of detailed shots. I've thought for some time that my photos would help me move more to series work in my fiber art. One of my struggles is that I've tried many styles, but haven't really found my own discernible style in my art. I've already determined that my number one goal for 2013 is to develop my voice as an artist.  In fact, one of my purposes for having my 5 x 7 personal challenge is to work on developing my artistic style.

After a great day full of learning, I'm looking forward to applying the tricks and techniques shared today on my photos.  I'll share some soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment